Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 5

I'm rotting in nothingness, in wasted computer time, in minor chores, in errands, in the television. This is the time I've always waited for, and I'm squandering the time totally. It's been 5 weeks now, so one would think -- I would think -- that I would have found a better routine than wastrel-ing away the days. Naturally, the weather is working against me, making it very difficult to even want to get outside to do something a little adventurous, a little interesting, something different. Perhaps photos in the rain would be good, or overloaded creeks. It's certainly been wet enough this week to think about old Noah and the ark and his animals. All I do is let my animals, one of each only, in then out then in then out. It would seem that no one inside these walls can figure out just what to do with ourselves.

The lawsuit avenue appears to be going nowhere. Apparently the laws in Virginia are very much in support of employers, very little support of employees. A civil suit would get absolutely nothing, as the little dude from TH, Indiana, has nothing of value to take. I certainly wouldn't want his debt; I definitely would not want to have his empty mind. This week, while on my way home from visiting the parents, I thought about purchasing a fossil I found in the Smoky Mountain Knife Works store. Probably a trilobite; probably millions of years old; definitely interesting. While pondering the possibility of the purchase and it's subsequent reception, I figured that he would consider it a rock, a fake, an intrusion, or worse yet, wouldn't even know how to consider it. "Uhhhhh, what is this thing?" would be his thought. The little trilobite would end up in the trashcan, along with the little dude's brain. How is it that we can so easily be brainwashed by the absence of fact? He learned at his mother's kitchen table, along with his other siblings, all blond, probably, that the earth is only 6000 years old. There, that's it. And then proceeds to live his life according to misinformation, never questioning what doesn't comfortably fit into that worldview. He's wasted protoplasm on this earth, using up resources that are irreplaceable. He has definitely created in me an instant dislike for others who look and sound like him and his ilk. And has caused me to waste a lot of time in trying to make sense of how he got the power he now has.

No comments:

Post a Comment